Friday, September 6, 2013

#650 - Food As Motivation #28 - Tim Ho Wan

Finally tried Tim Ho Wan the other day!

Seriously, all of us have heard about the long queues and waiting for the 4 heavenly kings and one of them being the Baked Bun with BBQ Pork!
So I just have to try it for myself.
Waited for only 6 mins on a weekday afternoon yayy! :)

 I think we kinda over-ordered... and the people next table judged us LOL.
But Tim Ho Wan can dabao (not that we did but a lot of others around us did)!

 Glutinous Rice Dumpling (SGD5)
Huge portion and pretty yummy but it was kind of wasted because we didn't really eat much of the 料!

Prawn Dumpling (SGD5.50/4pcs)
Nothing awesome about this and I feel it's a high price to pay!

Spring Roll with Egg White (SGD4.20/3pcs)
Pretty good with the egg white and prawns, but best eaten when hot!

Pork Dumpling with Shrimp (SGD5/4pcs)
Ordered this thinking it's gonna taste like your typical dimsum's siewmai but NO.
It was not yummy at all and I didn't finish mine...

Lol I got something against those 'fake' tasting food, like those fake 五香 that taste like fishcake. The HORROR. :O
Which reminds me of the Chicken Wrap Onstik I recently tried from Old Chang Kee. It tasted bleagh, like fake 五香!!! :S
Wah I really really can't stand fake fishcake-tasting 五香!!!

Moving on to the 4 heavenly kings which are the Baked Bun with BBQ Pork, Steamed Egg Cake, Pan Fried Carrot Cake and Vermicelli Roll with Pig's Liver.

Steamed Egg Cake (SGD3.80)
It's just soft and sweet tasting.
Very nice to eat with the rest because they are too rich in flavour.
I found myself picking small pieces of this and eating it because I was kinda sick of the rest.
A refreshing kind of taste I guess? But not THAT heavenly.

Pan Fried Carrot Cake (SGD4.50/3pcs)
One of my favourites dimsum tried that day!
Very 香 and yummy! ^^
If only the outer layer was more crispy and also that their share was bigger!

Omg I forgot to take photo of the Vermicelli Roll with Shrimp!!
Didn't have the pig liver one because both of us don't take pig liver.
But the shrimp one was pretty good! I love the roll's texture and the salty sauce! :D

It was prawns-overload that day since most of our dimsum were prawns-filled.

Now on to the highly raved...

Baked Bun with BBQ Pork (SGD4.50/3pcs)
Like what I mentioned in my Instagram, I felt that despite the hype over it, it was not really that awesome like how EVERYBODY raves. Maybe it's just me, whom expectations got higher when everybody just loves it. I feel that the fillings were pretty good but the bun was too sweet!
Apparently you can only order one set/pax and guess what?
May and I only order one set lehh, I think we are one of the few customers who won't like order and have 3 for ourselves.. LOL.
Sure people say WHAT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME one.

 Erm sorry Vermicelli Roll with Shrimp, you only appear here...
LOL is this too much food for only two girls??

PS: If you are getting same drinks, just get one to share since it's refillable (I only know for tea lahh).
Not auntie, but it's just more worth it. LOL. Water is charged at SGD0.50! Sigh restaurant nowadays...

Details if you're interested (click the name for link):
Tim Ho Wan
68 Orchard Road
Plaza Singapura #01-29A
Singapore 238839
First-come-first-serve basis, no reservations

Ended the day with dessert at Nana's Green Tea!

Matcha Shiratama Parfait
I loveeee the Matcha ice cream and the chewy mochi!
Of course the Matcha ice cream has to be good, I mean it's called Nana's GREEN TEA?!
Hahahaha.

Okay, bye! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, rude people suck.